Thursday, March 29, 2012

Volcano Day

I love this place. Lago Llanquihue instantly got into the top 5 on my list of favourite spots I've been to on Operation Penguin. It is so green, scenic and peaceful. I need to come back sometime for at least a week and play. I know the world is a big place and there are lots of new places to see but I want to explore this area again another time. Someday...

I am also inspired by what Rafael and Pauline are doing. They left their 'previous lives' and are now running a B&B for eight months of the year. It's obvious they love it. Maybe when I'm ready for my next life it's something I could consider.

Zach was disappointed that we couldn't drive up Volcan Osorno volcano any further than the ski hill parking lot.

Instead we walked up as high as the first ski lift would have taken us (9000$/pp?! No way!) and enjoyed the clear views. We've been so lucky with the sunshine!



Another 350km or so north and east brought us to Parque Nacional Villarica where we camped for the night at the base of Volcan Villarica. The campground was 20,000$ which was a lot but it was right on Lago Villarica.

We cooked up all the vegetables that had survived the rough roads since Coyhaique (!) and I introduced Zach to quinoa. It's not all pasta and grilled cheese here! It was movie night where Zach in turn introduced me to the 'classic' comedy Supertroopers! It was exactly the brainless-mind-fluff that we were both in the mood for.

No comments:

Post a Comment