Thursday, April 26, 2012

Operation Flake-Out

I am excited to start my two day escape at the Unique Luxury Hotel today. After three nights in a hostel that felt more like a refrigerator and wasn't super 'gezellig', I was eager to check-in and begin Operation Flake-Out.

Before shipping out though, I accepted Javier's invitation to accompany him to pick up his son, Thobías, at school. I'm really glad I did.

It was neat to see all the kids let out from school in their (unfortunate) uniforms chatting to friends or eager to tell their parents about their day. Thobías greeted me with a beso on the cheek, which is such a wonderful part of the culture here. Canadians take note!

He's adorable and I can see why Javier makes such an effort to see him when he's not out on the boat. It was heart-warming to watch them walk down the street holding hands. Most ten year olds I know wouldn't be caught dead doing that! ;o)

I had a lovely time with them walking around town and having a bite to eat. They stopped to play football at the playground next to the hostel. Before I said goodbye to them, Thobías took this picture of Javier and me.


The Unique Luxury Hotel is FABULOUS and I'd be surprised if I leave the property before 11AM on Saturday when I go catch my boat back to BA. Then again, the beach is about 200m down the road and when it's sunny here it's so nice out. We'll see. No plans, other than a massage. That's the deal!

The common areas here are fabulous and I came up to the Sunset Lounge to watch the sunset. It's so cool that I can see BA's skyscrapers across the river today!

And a little while later the sky went orange as the sun set.

No comments:

Post a Comment