Thursday, May 12, 2011

Goodbye to Constantinople...

Didn't sleep well and woke to the alarm at 7:30. While I wanted to sleep in, I needed to seize the carp on this, my last day in Istanbul. As suggested by the girl at guest services, I took the tram over to Taksim Square and then wandered back to our hotel.

Along the way I popped into a few shops, it's their High Street, passed by a parade, people watched, went up Galata tower, crossed the Galata bridge, wandered through the spice bazaar, had apple tea in the courtyard of a mosque and got some sunshine!

The next thing I knew, I was back at the hotel and the shuttle bus was waiting for me. Trip's over!

Turkey has been a pleasant surprise. I think this is partly because the bar was so low after Egypt and partly because I didn't know what to expect and there were a few gems! I' come back here to visit at some point...although there are still plenty of undiscovered corners of the world left to explore...

No comments:

Post a Comment