Monday, March 12, 2012

Rain rain go away!

I slept hard! I didn't hear Alé get up at 5 to leave for the airport. I was sorry to not to say goodbye but as fate would have it, I got a second chance.

Guille got a call a bit later that morning that her mom was stuck at the airport. No planes were flying that day. Why? As far as she could tell it was because of the rain. The rain? Oh boy! No comment!

Alé came back to the apartment by noon once she'd established that the flights really weren't going. She was so beat as she hadn't slept well the night before (well=at all!). Guille and I left her in peace and quiet to snooze as we headed out to Palermo for the afternoon.

At 14h Guille started her yoga class at Valle Tierra while I did my own version of going zen...on the massage table! An hour and a half for 285$, ~$70, a rate you can't even get with a Groupon deal. Score! And it was goooood too.

Guille had a massage right after mine. We swapped notes later. She said she LOVED the yoga class so much that she figured she needs to find a place to live nearby. She was also pretty jazzed about the massage too. What a great find!

We were going to take the bus home, then we thought maybe a cab and then the rain stopped and we opted to walk back. I had my sneakers on - the only shoes currently not giving me blisters - so I was quite happy to walk and gawk at the funky places in Palermo.

No comments:

Post a Comment