Monday, August 22, 2011

A bit too much sun...

Another 11 hours of sleep. Nice. Being on vacation rocks. Of course it wasn't a full sleep because I again woke up feeling way too hot. One night I may come out and join Kari and Riley under the A/C unit!!!

After breakfast we headed down to the 'beach'. We ended up on the same little dock I was on the day before. Riley did great in the water until he got stung by something, which we think might have been a jellyfish. He was rather leery about going into the water after that...understandably. Kari and I alternated between soaking up the sun and floating on the air mattresses. Turns out I needed to have reapplied the sunscreen a bit sooner because my belly is bright red and in the evening it became rather tender. Argh...I'd been so careful.

We wandered back up to the apartment for a late lunch and then in the late afternoon Riley only wanted to go in the swimming pool. Kari and I checked our email and snoozed while Riley contented himself for hours with his snorkel and mask bobbing for plastic animal figurines. Soooo easily amused!1

We wanted to pick up some groceries for tomorrow's breakfast so we opted to hike (!) up the hill to have dinner at Galeb too. We opted for a simple, safe ham pizza which was actually really quite tasty. Dinner was around 14€ for 2 pizzas and 2 rounds of drinks...not bad. Note as cheap as it might have been here even two or three years ago but still, a bit better than The Hague.

No comments:

Post a Comment