Thursday, January 19, 2012

No longer Chile

The pun was too hard to resist!

I didn't realize that the flight from Toronto to Buenos Aires didn't go directly to BA. That explains why I saw a flight to Santiago on the departures board last night with the same flight number and departure time. So...surprise! I have an hour in Chile before carrying on to BA.

Well...the airport seems nice, it's definitely not -30 anymore and my ears are picking up Spanish all around me. It's such a pretty language but every time I want to say something and think about what I want to say it turns out to be ~50% Spanish/50% Dutch, a language I've christened 'Sputch'. I guess that's my starting point. There's only room for improvement!

Despite having a wonderfully comfy seat on the plane, Air Canada's 'space pods' ROCK, and despite taking a prescription sleeping pill, I didn't sleep much on the flight from Toronto to Santiago. Sigh. Too hot, too cold, left turn, right turn...I was aware of all of it. I feel a bit spacey right now but appreciative that I'm in the land of siestas and that I'm on vacation.
~~~~~~~~~

As you can see from the photo, I finally made it to Argentina! I have another stamp for my collection. I love it! And it was such and easy arrival too since the Antarctic tour I'm on actually starts from Buenos Aires. As a result it includes an airport transfer and a night in a hotel which they kindly arranged for me to have when I first arrive, even if it is over a month before the start of the tour. Fantastic! After such a long journey today's the day I'm most appreciative of being taken care of and not having to think too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment