Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Second day of school

Day 2 of spanish classes. A half hour walk to school for a 9AM class means an alarm clock is required. Four hours of classes a day means that coffee is required. I felt SLEEPY in class today!

I ended up breaking the ice with the people in my class. I even had lunch with Margaret since we were going to the same tango class in the afternoon. After yesterday's tango class, I wanted an earlier start time so I could be home earlier to start a fun filled evening of doing nothing!

The tango class today wasn't as good but I did try to put into practice all I'd learned the day before. Since there weren't enough men I mostly danced with Elena, a lovely German girl who wanted to learn the man's part. The whole 'intimate embrace' was tricky given the extra pair of boobs but one I relaxed, I stopped caring. She did a great job of leading too.

My walk down Corrientes to get home was a blur. I wanted to check out the famous street in daylight. I hate to say it but I wasn't overly blown-away. It's a street with shops and theatres, the Latin Broadway so they say. Maybe I was just too tired to appreciate it. Maybe it's more glittery at night?

I checked for interesting restaurants once I got closer to 'home' (on Peron between Pasteur and Azcuenaga) but didn't find anything. So, when I got back to the apartment I showered off the tango-sweat (20% mine/80% from others...blech), caught up on the last few 'Dale Patagonia' journal entries and had a cheese-and-crackers dinner again...which suited me fine!

The view from my room of Peron at Pasteur:

No comments:

Post a Comment