Thursday, February 16, 2012

What IS the past participle of "to dive"?!?!

Well...my basic Spanish education is complete, I know know how to talk about the weather! Today class got a little more complicated with reflexive verbs that I have not heard of. Of course the whole concept of reflexive verbs isn't new to me - they're the same as what I learned about in french. I am still so grateful that back in 1981 my parents made the decision to put me in french immersion.

I had an interesting discussion with a friend the other day about putting her son in french immersion. As I try to learn spanish and watch others with only english struggle, I know without a doubt that knowing french helps immensely.

I believe native English speakers are the worst in knowing about English grammar! What's a possessive pronoun, a past participle, and a reflexive verb? Indeed! I'm convinced that by knowing french I actually know English better.

No comments:

Post a Comment