Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A well earned burger!

I took my time over lunch today and ate slowly while I conjugated verbs and double checked on some vocabulary. My vocabulary is growing every day and I'm aware of it. That's cool.

I pretty much have the present tense down. I can construct sentences in the simple future. It's the past tense still eludes me and I'm eager to cover it. It doesn't look like it'll be covered in Level 1. I guess I have to wait until Level 2...or just google it. The thing is that I'm finding I'm absorbing more in a class than learning on my own. For now it's working for me.

I intended to hit the 16h tango class today. I had my shoes on and everything. Turns out the class was a ballet technique class so out I walked wondering what I was going to do with my time. Should I squander it and do more email/Facebook-stalking or find something to do unique to Buenos Aires?

My tango classes are straight across the platform, there are photo galleries in all three wings:

In the theme of "don't wait, do it now" I decided to check out the photo exhibit at the Borges cultural centre that I'd been walking through to get to my tango lessons. I'd been telling myself that I should check it out 'one of these days'. Today was the day.


The exhibit is of the winning photographs from an international photography contest. It was really incredible! The photos were amazing. Some made me break out in a smile. Some nearly made me cry. The photos definitely evoked a reaction and inspired me in my own photography. Even moreso because Canada was poorly represented! Ha! ;o)


At the 17h30 class there were more men than women. What an odd phenomenon! Of course that meant I danced the whole class. The teacher grabbed me to demonstrate some of the moves and I was getting corrected ever other step. It got to the point that I forgot how to walk! My brain was full but I worked on things bit by bit with each dance. By the end I was feeling like I'd made some real improvement. Therefore...I wanted to find a restaurant were I could eat a well earned, super messy cheese burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment