Thursday, April 5, 2012

A lifetime of learning!

Here I am on vacation and I'm celebrating the end of the week. When on a proper holiday I shouldn't even know what day of the week it is. But this week was different.

I completed the first half of level 2 spanish. Yay! I am really pleased to have the opportunity to learn while traveling. I know that this is something I am always going to want to do at various times again in the future. It's one of the cool parts of life and living it well, in my mind anyway. However...¡Cada uno tiene su gustos!

It has been a worthwhile week as I feel I have made a lot of progress and my level for conversations has improved from those of a three year old to a five year old. Being able to speak in the past tense makes a big difference.

Sara and me the appropriate section of the bookstore!


Our plans to go on a vineyard tour today were thwarted by the holiday today. It's sure a funny time to see any city in a predominantly catholic country. Semana Santa is a big holiday for 'cat-lickers'. In any case we should be able to try again tomorrow.

After an 'hora de la leche' with Sara (I sure lucked out to get a cool buddy to hang out with this week) we wandered through town. We really haven't seen much of Mendoza. So far it looks like a classroom to us and that's it!

Plaza Indepencia was in full swing with people hanging out, shopping at the artesan markets, busking, painting, skateboarding etc.

It's a beautiful and well thought-out park.

Afterwards we continued on to a chocolate factory on Las Heras before finding a really cool market where we bought some pretty jewellery.

The walk back was a exhausting as we got a bit lost. Details for Godoy Cruz don't show up on maps of Mendoza and street names are repeated between the two adjacent towns. Argh. We were EXHAUSTED when we got back but were welcomed back by Beatriz and Luis. Casa sweet casa!

No comments:

Post a Comment