Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Humitas!

Dreamt in Spanish...well, not exactly Spanish but Spanish gibberish for sure!

Six hours of classes today. Rafael showed up. Good to have a buddy but I got frustrated just before lunch. We were repeating the same things I'd done in BA. Flipping ahead in the book I didn't see much of the past tense. What gives? Well, I got what I asked for after lunch in another private lesson. I got drilled on the preterito indefinido big time...and it was exactly what I needed.

After class I met Sara plus two German sisters, Julia and Henriette, for the cooking class. We made humitas with Demian. Humita is a typical northern argentine dish made with corn, pumpkin, onion, pepper and a few spices.

It was so simple and so good. I'd been tempted during the day to bail on the class but I'm sure glad I went.

The best part was eating our creation in the garden with a little vino. Brilliant.


Sara and I wandered home afterwards and went to find a spot with wifi (a bit of a problem these days and my addiction is uncomfortably apparent!). We came home, had dinner and chatted with Beatriz and Luis before starting on to our homework which kept us up until nearly midnight. Hey...hang on a second...aren't I on vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment