Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The night the lights went out in...Mendoza

I met Zach and Rob for lunch today between classes. It was good to catch up a bit on the last few days and reminisce a bit on our trip as we showed Rob some of the 'poodled' pictures (=photos edited with Snapseed which Zach called SnapPoodle or just poodle for short!)

I then had another two hours of classes which are put on to make up for the Good Friday 'feriado'. We're all finding these extra two hours a day rather useless as our brains are already full after the first four hours of class.

At least I had 'Decimo' to look forward to. A group of us met after school at the funky bar on a rooftop patio to watch the sunset. It was a really nice group of people which included Sara, Julia, Henriette, Peter, and Pernille. At one point I sat back and observed the group and thought to myself "Before I left everyone asked if I wasn't worried about traveling on my own. They thought I'd be lonely. Yet here I am with a lovely group of new friends. It is all good. I'm lucky."

Then the lights to the entire city went off! They were off for about 45 minutes too! It was a fascinating experience to witness a dark city. It's so obvious something's missing!

Only one building's lights are on...


Of course the worst part was that our blender drinks, our delicious strawberry daiquiris, were delayed during this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment