Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kindred spirits

Today was a catch up day. I added frames to my photos and text to the blog entires. I caught up on a few more emails. I started into book 2 of the Hunger Games called Catching Fire (I'm shameless!). And...finally...as intended I started transferring the chicken-scratch from my language classes in Mendoza into an organized notebook. I did two cafe con leche's worth of verbs, grammar and vocabulary and then I had to leave the cafe as it was siesta time.

I saw three different families traveling with young children today. Two sets of families are staying at the hostel and I noticed that the children were sat at tables to do some work. I wonder if they're been 'home-schooled' on the road. How inspiring! And here I am writing out my spanish verbs, still learning myself. There's no end to our capacity to learn and grow. I absolutely love that!

I appreciate that it must be hard work and that the way you travel would have to change with little people and strollers in tow. Still, I think that if you're a traveler, that doesn't have to die out completely when you become a parent. The world is such a big classroom. How I would love to try (!) what they're doing. If I should be so lucky...

Walking past the HI hostel this afternoon, I ran into Winfried, the lovely aussie gentlemen who'd helped me out at the bus station the night before. I knew our paths would cross again. I invited him out to meet me at the Wok&Grill on Misiones. He could only join for a short while, for a drink, an hour before his bus to Mendoza left. Tiffany and Hugo (the sweet father-daughter duo I met at the falls on Tuesday) joined us about 20minutes later and we all swapped travel stories.

Serious rain just before leaving the hostel in the evening:

I had a lovely evening with Tiffany and Hugo. They are both such kind, kindred spirits. I thought back to the comments about me traveling solo and had to chuckle and say my thanks to the universe for allowing me to meet such wonderful people in my trip...although it seems to be keeping the hot-single-thirty something-adventurous- successful male backpacker well hidden from me! Sigh! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment