Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hungry for the next chapter.

The sign of a good vacation for me is to finish a book. Even better is to find a good book and not be able to put it down. Well, it's a good vacation then and I'm relieved the Hunger Games is a trilogy! I'm set for a while now.

Today was a great chill day with very little planned. I went into town to poke into some shops, stopped by the bus station for info on 'where next?' and wandered down to the Hito Tres Fronteras. That's the location where the Rio Iguazú and the Rio Paraná meet creating the point where the Paraguayan, Brazilian and Argentinian borders meet. I'd best hop in a helicopter to get the shot I really wanted but here's all I could manage as a land-based mammal:

Some locals just hanging out. Where's the mate?!?

I also came up wih my second million-dollar idea today. This one I'll share because I'm eager to see it developed and I'll be too busy with my first idea! ;o) Sunscreen with DEET.

Why do we have to carry sunscreen AND mosquito repellent? Mosquitos always seem to live in warm climates where it's sunny (excluding Manitoba!) so someone please save me from having to carry two bottles and from trying to figure out if there's a strategic importance to putting one or the other on first. Just a thought and up for grabs to any entrepreneurs out there...

In other exciting news, I got whistled at today. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that. It's an ego boost. Of course I did have to check to see if there wasn't some other girl behind me! Just me this time. Aww shucks! I don't mind and there are some days where you just want to run up to the guy and give him a big hug and say 'Thank you!'. It's almost as good of a feeling as getting ID'ed at the bar!

Sunset in Puerto Iguazú:

No comments:

Post a Comment