Sunday, April 15, 2012

Calgary Bound

So guess who's going to Calgary today? Nope...not me. Guille! Obviously! Her sabbatical is over as she's accepted a position as a consultant working with a Calgary-based firm in Mexico while living in Buenos Aires. Ah, the things that seemed impossible only a few years ago. Maybe one day I'll be able to "work" from the beach in Bali! In any case it's ideal for her. Horseshoe Willy strikes again.

And I was lucky too...she offered to take my Antarctica clothes, the famous penguin suit and a few other things back for me. Hurrah!

Before she left today we met for lunch in Puerto Madero. I got there a bit earlier than we'd planned to meet. This was due in part because I wanted to wander through Dique 4 a bit more and chill at the Starbucks to catch up on my blog/journal.

It was also due to the fact that Sunday mornings are a good time to get around in this city. The #146 bus cruised through the empty streets today. I liked it! My love-hate relationship with Buenos Aires has tipped back over to 'love' this week it seems.

Wow...only in Argentina! A couple at a table in Starbucks with no evidence of a Starbucks purchase drinking mate. They were there for over an hour and a half too!!!

After Guille left I chilled in the apartment and finished watching "The Blues Brothers" on Netflicks. It's an amazing time right now with all the advances in technology. It's also worth reflecting that my initial reservations about traveling with only an iPad were unfounded. Other than running low on memory, meaning I can't back up all of my pictures, it can do everything I need it to. Fabulous! I'm so grateful. Even more so when I think back to a 'near miss' with it when the car got broken into in Lago Puelo back in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment