Friday, April 20, 2012

Posadas

I woke up to the sound of rain this morning. Heavy rain. I was safe and dry so I could appreciate it. Then I remembered that I had to get to the bus station with my big bag. Crap! I cheated and took a taxi for 15$. Money well spent. I'd still be soaked otherwise.

The bus ride from Puerto Iguazú to Posadas took about 5 hours with ever changing seat companions as locals got on and off all the time. Direct bus? Harumph! At least I got the front seat on the upper level with a good view.

Then again, it meant I was constantly witnessing how fast the bus driver was going, how tight the turns were and how close he was behind the cars in front. At least there was a seat belt!

So! Here I am. In Posadas. What to do? What to do? To be honest, I'm not feeling like doing anything. The only reason I came here was to break up the journey from Iguazú to Colonia and I'd heard about the nearby ruins which I'll likely check out tomorrow.

I did at least wander around town and get my bearings. Plaza 9 de Julio seems lovely and I did happen upon a really wonderful photography exhibit at a museum.

Dry bags and a Tupperware container - seriously the best packing gadgets ever!

Tupperware: good for storing odd shaped items, protecting delicate contents, and great for transporting or serving salads on picnic days!

Dry Bags: good for keeping contents protected from rain (like today), serve as vacuum-pack bags, work as pillows when caught out at camp sites or stuck with bad ones at hostels, keeps tops, bottoms and underwear/socks separate for quick retrieval, handles make them good for transporting as day-dry-bag, etc, etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment