Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

The winds today blew us in a northwesterly direction up into Belgrano.

Guille and I planned to meet at 14h after her lunch with some friends. I took advantage of a chill morning to catch up on a few emails and then ventured forth for the hour that it took to get the 6km on a very crowded bus.

We intended on going to the Japanese Garden and MALBA, the museum of modern art. Once again we got sidetracked and time disappeared on us. In the end, all we did was wander aimlessly through Belgrano. It's a great neighbourhood though and I'd love to see more of it another time. We just scratched the surface today!

Before Guille headed off for dinner with friends, we wandered down Santa Fe past the zoo and the botanical garden to the Alto Palermo mall to check it out. We didn't buy anything but we did a bit of reconnaissance for another time.

I meant to take the bus home. We researched in the handy little bus guide that the 160 should do the trick. After 20 minutes it hadn't arrived and my legs were so tired from standing.

Murphy's Law summoned the bus right after I gave up and started walking. I was going to walk a short bit and try to intercept it or the 36 but in the end I just walked all the way back. I was tired before I started walking so I was exhausted by the time I got back to the apartment. I checked Google Maps and discovered that I'd walked ~8km today in flip flops. Hmmm. I need a bike...or blades...or a space-pack to get around this city!

No comments:

Post a Comment