Monday, April 9, 2012

Operation Penguin: Chapter Mendoza, last day

The first day in a while I got to sleep in and I woke an hour earlier than the alarm was set for. Murphy's Law!

I took advantage of this time to catch up a bit more on my blog. With the last few crazy weeks I have had very little time to write because I've been doing so much. As a consequence there is a lot to write about!

Sara and I got a late check-out and took full advantage...to the point that they called us to see if we were leaving anytime soon! We walked around the main shopping area in San Juan trying to run a few errands but we got sidetracked by some amazing spray-paint street artists. It was fascinating to watch. These guys have amazing talent!

By the time we managed to tear our eyes off their paintings the siesta time had hit and all the stores were closing. Argentinians really do take siesta time seriously! One of the problems is it means there are four rush hours every day!

While we waited for the traffic to die down before starting the drive back to Mendoza, we had cafe con leche and an impromptu Spanish lesson with me as the teacher. Talk about the blind leading the blind! Still, I managed to help her out a little and I really enjoyed it. She's eager to learn which will serve her well.

We had a nice but short visit with Beatriz when we got back into Mendoza.

Sara came with me to the bus station and we shared a pizza before I hit the road. It was sad to say goodbye, she's been such a great travel buddy! I'm glad the universe allowed for our paths to cross.

And now I'm on a bus back to BA. I wonder what's in store for the next chapter of Operation Penguin?!

No comments:

Post a Comment