Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mop Up

With little time left, it was time to 'mop up' those few outstanding items on the list of things I wanted to see before I left Buenos Aires. Off I went today to the Plaza de Mayo to check out El Cabildo and the Casa Rosada.

The Cabildo in BA was a much bigger production than in Montevideo. So much so that I could only digest a portion of the information they presented. It being solely in Spanish didn't help either.

The view of the Plaza de Mayo from the balcony of El Cabildo.

The view of El Cabildo from the Plaza de Mayo (white building on the left).

I took a free 45 minute tour of the Casa Rosada which was really impressive!

Aside from being a spectacularly beautiful building, I particularly liked the press room with black and white posters of influential women in Argentina's history.

An art gallery decorated in the colours of the Argentinian flag inside the Casa Rosada.

President Cristina's desk in Casa Rosada.

I met my friend Mariano in the afternoon to go down to The neighbourhood of Boca to check out the infamous Caminito.


For 'la ultima cena', my last supper in BA, Guille, Alé and I went over to Puerto Madero to an Italian restaurant. It was a great excuse to take out my new, fabulously beautiful green heels (zapatos con tacos altos). Needless to say that after wearing flip flops and sneakers for four months I had to move slowly!!! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment